To apply, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- You are currently enrolled in a partner university’s (MSU Denver or CU Denver) teacher preparation program
- You have a minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0
- You have demonstrated a passing score on the appropriate PLACE or Praxis test (paper-based or computer-based tests are accepted)
- You can demonstrate fluency in Spanish (if applying for Elementary Bilingual Education in Spanish /ELA-S)
- You can obtain a recommendation from a Dean or Faculty Advisor to participate in the program after you submit your Statement of Interest
ARE YOU READY FOR THE CHALLENGE?
This program is looking for candidates who have demonstrated strong performance in their coursework leading up to student teaching and who are deeply committed to working with Denver’s children in the city’s classrooms. While the Residency year is rigorous and intense, candidates will be fully prepared for the challenges faced by novice teachers.